IATA code: SK
Alliances: Star Alliance
Fleet: 176 aircraft
Airbus A340, Airbus A330, Airbus A321, A319, MD-82, MD-87, Boeing 737, CRJ900, Boeing 717, deHavilland Q100, deHavilland Q300, deHavilland Q400
Loyalty programs: Eurobonus
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) is the largest airline in Scandinavia and the flag carrier of Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Based at the Stockholm Arlanda Airport in Sigtuna, Sweden, SAS operates 130 destinations across Scandinavia, Europe, North America and Asia. Some of its top destinations are Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki, New York and Tokyo.
Scandinavian Airlines (former Scandinavian Airlines System) was founded in 1946, after the merger of the Swedish airline Svensk Interkontinental Lufttrafik, and the flag carriers of Denmark and Norway, Det Danske Luftfartselskab, and Det Norske Luftfartselskap. The purpose of this partnership, was to handle the intercontinental air traffic of these three Scandinavian countries.
In 1997, SAS formed the first global Star Alliance network, along with Air Canada, Lufthansa, Thai Airways International and United Airlines. Star Alliance is today the largest global airline Alliance.
Kastrup or Copenhagen Airport, which is SAS main European and intercontinental hub
In 2011, SAS carried 22.9 million passengers and was ranked eighth largest airline in Europe.
SAS offers more Scandinavian destinations from UK than any other airline.
In 1954, SAS was the first airline to schedule a polar route and in 1957 it was the first to offer "round the world service over the North Pole", via the North Pole shortcut Copenhagen-Anchorage-Tokyo.
In 1997, SAS became one of the founding members of Star Alliance.
1. Aalborg, Aalborg Airport, AAL
2. Aarhus, Aarhus Airport, AAR
3. Aberdeen, Dyce Airport, ABZ
4. Alanya, Gazipaşa Airport, GZP
5. Ålesund, Ålesund Airport, AES
6. Alicante, Alicante Airport, ALC
7. Alta, Alta Airport, ALF
8. Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport, AMS
9. Antalya, Antalya Airport, AYT
10. Athens, Eleftherios Venizelos Airport, ATH
11. Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi Airport, BKK
12. Barcelona, Barcelona-El Prat Airport, BCN
13. Bardufoss, Bardufoss Airport, BDU
14. Beijing, Capital Airport, PEK
15. Bergen, Bergen Airport, BGO
16. Berlin, Tegel Airport, TXL
17. Billund, Billund Airport, BLL
18. Birmingham, Birmingham Airport, BHX
19. Bodø, Bodø Airport, BOO
20. Bologna, Guglielmo Marconi Airport, BLQ
21. Brussels, National Airport, BRU
22. Bucharest, Otopeni Airport, OTP
23. Chicago, O'Hare Airport, ORD
24. Copenhagen, Kastrup Airport, CPH
25. Dublin, Dublin Airport, DUB
26. Dubrovnik, Čilipi Airport, DBV
27. Düsseldorf, Lohausen Airport, DUS
28. Edinburgh, Turnhouse Airport, EDI
29. Faro, Faro Airport, FAO
30. Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main Airport, FRA
31. Gdansk, Lech Walesa Airport, GDN
32. Geneva, Cointrin Airport, GVA
33. Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria Airport, LPA
34. Gothenburg, Landvetter Airport, GOT
35. Hamburg, Fuhlsbüttel Airport, HAM
36. Hannover, Langenhagen Airport, HAJ
37. Harstad, Harstad-Narvik Airport, EVE
38. Haugesund, Haugesund Airport, HAU
39. Helsingborg, Angelholm Airport, AGH
40. Helsinki, Vantaa Airport, HEL
41. Kaliningrad, Khrabrovo Airport, KGD
42. Kalmar, Kalmar Airport, KLR
43. Katowice, Pyrzowice Airport, KTW
44. Kirkenes, Kirkenes Airport, KKN
45. Kiruna, Kiruna Airport, KRN
46. Kristiansand, Kristiansand Airport, KRS
47. Kristiansund, Kristiansund Airport, KSU
48. Lodz, Lodz Airport, LCJ
49. Longyearbyen, Svalbard Airport, LYR
50. London, Heathrow Airport, LHR
51. Luleå, Luleå Airport, LLA
52. Luqa, Malta Airport, MLA
53. Luxembourg City, Findel Airport, LUX
54. Lyon, Saint Exupery Airport, LYS
55. Madrid, Madrid-Barajas Airport, MAD
56. Malaga, Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport, AGP
57. Malmö, Sturup Airport, MMX
58. Manchester, Ringway Airport, MAN
59. Milan, Linate Airport, LIN
60. Milan, Malpensa Airport, MXP
61. Molde, Molde Airport, MOL
62. Moscow, Sheremetyevo Airport, SVO
63. Munich, Franz Josef Strauss Airport, MUC
64. Newark, Liberty Airport, EWR
65. Nice, Côte d'Azur Airport, NCE
66. Oslo, Gardermoen Airport, OSL
67. Östersund, Are Ostersund Airport,OSD
68. Palanga, Palanga Airport, PLQ
69. Palermo, Palermo-Falcone Borsellino Airport, PMO
70. Palma de Mallorca, Palma de Mallorca Airport, PMI
71. Paris, Charles de Gaulle Airport, CDG
72. Poznan, Lawica Airport, POZ
73. Prague, Prague Ruzyně Airport, PRG
74. Pristina, Adem Jashari Airport, PRN
75. Reykjavík, Keflavik Airport, KEF
76. Rome, Leonardo da Vinci Airport, FCO
77. Ronneby, Ronneby Airport, RNB
78. Saint Petersburg, Pulkovo Airport, LED
79. San Francisco, San Francisco International Airport, SFO
80. Shanghai, Pudong Airport, PVG
81. Skellefteå, Skellefteå Airport, SFT
82. Split, Resnik Airport, SPU
83. Stavanger, Sola Airport, SVG
84. Stockholm, Arlanda Airport, ARN
85. Stuttgart, Echterdingen Airport, STR
86. Sundsvall, Midlanda Airport, SDL
87. Tel Aviv, Ben Gurion Airport, TLV
88. Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki "Makedonia", SKG
89. Tokyo, Narita Airport, NRT
90. Tromsø, Tromsø Airport, TOS
91. Trondheim, Trondheim Airport, TRD
92. Turin, Caselle Airport, TRN
93. Turku, Turku Airport, TKU
94. Umeå, Umeå Airport, UME
95. Venice, Marco Polo Airport, VCE
96. Vilnius, Vilnius International Airport, VNO
97. Visby, Visby Airport, VBY
98. Warsaw, Frederic Chopin Airport, WAW
99. Washington D.C, Dulles Airport, IAD
100. Wroclaw, Copernicus Airport, WRO
101. Zurich, Kloten Airport, ZRH
SAS offers 3 classes of service to its passengers:
Economy class - Personal screens that offer a wide range of entertainment, including movies, music and video games, wide ergonomically designed seats, cameras to watch landing and takeoff live, a cocktail, snacks, a three-course meal and coffee/tea and liqueur are served on board and finally SAS EuroBonus members receive 25 –100% EuroBonus points when traveling on Economy fares.
Economy Extra (for intercontinental flights) - Business class check-in, greater baggage allowance to check in and on-board, audio/video on-demand on personal screens, separate and secluded cabin, improved meal service and SAS EuroBonus members receive 150% EuroBonus points. These are some of the facilities provided to Economy Extra passengers.
Business Class - Seats recline to a lie-flat position with massage function and several storage options, cocktails and refreshments, a three-course meal, self-service buffet area in the cabin, personal video screen with on-demand audio and video entertainment options, each seat has a power outlet for a laptop, free amenity kit includes toiletries, shoe bag, socks, and spa products, greater baggage allowance, access to SAS airport lounges, and more EuroBonus points are the facilities provided to Business Class passengers.
Before your departure, relax in a comfortable and stylish leisure area, with Scandinavian decoration and numerous facilities that can transform your waiting into a special experience.
SAS passengers enjoy access to all SAS lounges and all Star Alliance lounges, as well as those operated by the airline’s codeshare partners.
1. Copenhagen Denmark
2. Oslo Norway
3. Stockholm Sweden
4. Gothenburg Sweden
5. Helsinki Finland
6. Brussels Belgium
7. London, Heathrow
8. Paris France
9. Chicago US
10. New York, Newark
Informational and entertaining material is offered in SAS flights, in order to make your flight even more pleasant and comfortable. See below the in-flight entertainment provided:
• In-seat video screen with 46 video channels, 10 video games and 30 audio and music channels
• Noise-cancelling headphones
• The award-winning inflight magazine Scanorama, as well as many international magazines and newspapers like Wallpaper, Newsweek and The Economist
• SAS WiFi: Internet onboard + free content, which all passengers can easily access through their laptop, smartphone, tablet or other WiFi device.
SAS reservations via tripsta.co.uk
Book SAS cheapest flights using tripsta.co.uk airline tickets search, save time and money! Choose your departure airport, destination, desired date and book SAS cheapest flight tickets. After you find the desired SAS flight, you can book it online using your credit card. For further details, you can call +44 (20) 3026 9165 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SAS flight reservations are just a few clicks away!
After you complete SAS flight booking, an email will be sent to you, confirming your flight, and after your flight is confirmed a second email will be sent to you with all the necessary details of your reservation. In order to receive your boarding pass, you just need to have with you all the necessary travel documents. Optionally, the number of your electronic flight ticket which was issued by tripsta.co.uk.
Find the cheapest SAS flights at tripsta.co.uk and enjoy your trip!
Why make SAS reservations via tripsta.co.uk?
You can search easily and quickly, all domestic and international flights with SAS. Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss any SAS news and SAS offers. All available SAS routes are now offered to you via tripsta.co.uk so you can make the ideal choice at a low price!